Sunday 20 May 2012

More Jubilee Parties and a Vulcan flypast

Looks like I won't be having the Jubilee Weekend off!   I have now been requested to give the Loyal Cry at another five parties - the Guides at Haling Dene;  Littlemarsh Park;  Nursery Drive;  the Monckton big do on the Monday;  and another village close by has requested my services.   I am told that the "Loyal Cry" is on its way to me so if your Road/Street/Avenue/Drive/Cul-de-Sac/area is organising a party (large or small) and would like the Town Crier to come along and give the Cry, then contact me quickly so I can include you in my programme.
On another note, did anyone else see the Vulcan Bomber fly south over Penkridge this lunch time on its way from Doncaster to Cosford to do a flypast and then it passed over again on its flight to do another flypast at the National Arboretum at Alrewas.   It was piloted by the man who took that plane to the Falklands and dropped the bomb on the aerodrome there. 
I saw the Vulcan as it did a flypast at Cosford and when I got back to Penkridge, my daughter told me they saw it on the west side of the village twice, going south and then back over on its way to Alrewas.

No comments: